50-state, CARB legal! Yes, you can have a legal turbo in California. CARB EO D-601-3.
Does your ND Miata crave boost? Here's the solution from the turbo experts at BBR. It's a beautifully engineered piece of kit, adapted for LHD use. Our durability testing has allowed for further evolution of the components, such as an improved downpipe design. The results - 15 hours at Laguna Seca without a single problem in the powertrain - show that this is a reliable, durable solution that you can enjoy for decades.
A custom 3071 provides lots of power headroom with fast response thanks to the twin scroll design and the ND's high compression. It's mounted to a tubular-style cast manifold for best flow and durability. Hard intercooler pipes take the charge through an air/air intercooler to maximize density. The high flow downpipe mates up to a stock exhaust or a higher flowing alternative. Expect a gain of at least 55 hp and 55 lb-ft of torque with a stock exhaust.
Easy installation with no drilling or changes to the fuel system. It's the quickest turbo install we've ever done, and the quietest we've ever driven. You can't hear any hisses or other noises, the car just digs in and pulls hard.
You will need a new standard size battery as the terminals have to be in a different place, but otherwise everything required for installation is included.
The downpipe incorporates your existing catalytic converter. The turbo kit will come with a shipping label so you can send us your stock exhaust manifold for modification, then we'll ship it back to you within three business days of receipt. We can also build you a downpipe with a brand new factory cat - simply add one to your cart when you order. We cannot supply downpipes with used catalytic converters by federal law.
Not currently available for the 2019 model as we cannot yet reprogram the stock ECU. We are working on it.
- BBR bespoke twin scroll hybrid TSX30-71R turbocharger including jet turbine specification fixings
- BBR bespoke cast iron twin scroll exhaust manifold
- BBR stainless steel downpipe (with or without catalytic converter)
- BBR high-flow lightweight front mounted aluminium intercooler with factory look black intake pipes
- BBR high-flow custom silicone turbo pipes in factory look black finish with stainless steel hose clamps and unique black coating
- BBR lightweight aluminium battery tray in factory black finish
- BBR Recirculating piston type dump valve in factory black finish
- BBR / Bosch MAP / Temperature sensor
- BBR high efficiency carbon fibre turbocharger heat shield
- BBR high flow K&N Typhoon induction kit
- BBR stainless steel oil and water lines
- BBR Starchip EcuTek RaceRom calibration software
Flyin' Miata is the exclusive distributor of BBR products in the US.
Please note that the kit is set up for correct boost at sea level. If you live at higher altitude (2000' or more), we do recommend a boost controller to bring the system into the desired range. This is not needed at lower altitudes. Fits the 2.0 engine, not compatible with the 1.5 sold outside North America.
See what The Smoking Tire has to say.
Ride along in one of our R&D cars during hot weather testing!