Does your ND Miata crave boost? Here's the solution from the turbo experts at BBR. It's a beautifully engineered piece of kit, adapted for LHD use.
This kit is emissions legal throughout the US, including California. CARB EO D-601-3.
A custom 3071 provides lots of power headroom with fast response thanks to the twin scroll design and the ND's high compression. It's mounted to a tubular-style cast manifold for best flow and durability. Hard intercooler pipes take the charge through an air/air intercooler to maximize density. The high flow downpipe mates up to a stock exhaust or a higher flowing alternative. Expect a gain of at least 70 hp and 70 lb-ft of torque with a stock exhaust.
Easy installation with no drilling or changes to the fuel system. It's the quickest turbo install we've ever done, and the quietest we've ever driven. You can't hear any hisses or other noises, the car just digs in and pulls hard.
The downpipe incorporates your existing catalytic converter. You have your choice of welding your catalytic converter into the downpipe or having us do it. If you select the latter option, the turbo kit will come with a shipping label so you can send us your stock exhaust manifold for modification, then we'll ship it back to you within three business days of receipt. We can also build you a downpipe with a brand new factory cat. We cannot supply downpipes with used catalytic converters by federal law. Please note that if you do the welding, you will also be responsible to ensure it's properly aligned.
- BBR bespoke twin scroll hybrid TSX30-71R turbocharger including jet turbine specification fixings
- BBR bespoke cast iron twin scroll exhaust manifold
- BBR stainless steel downpipe with catalytic converter
- BBR high-flow lightweight front mounted aluminium intercooler with factory look black intake pipes
- BBR high-flow custom silicone turbo pipes in factory look black finish with stainless steel hose clamps and unique black coating
- BBR lightweight aluminium battery tray in factory black finish
- BBR harness extension to allow the use of the stock battery
- BBR Recirculating piston type dump valve in factory black finish
- BBR / Bosch MAP / Temperature sensor
- BBR high efficiency carbon fibre turbocharger heat shield
- BBR high flow K&N Typhoon induction kit
- BBR stainless steel oil and water lines
- BBR Starchip EcuTek RaceRom calibration software
Flyin' Miata is the exclusive distributor of BBR products in the US.
The system comes with a reflash for the stock engine computer. If you do not own or have access to an Ecutek tuning interface, you will need to purchase one in order to install the tune. Running the turbo without the reflash installed will result in immediate engine damage.
Please note that the kit is set up for correct boost at sea level. If you live at higher altitude (2000' or more), we do recommend a boost controller to bring the system into the desired range. This is not needed at lower altitudes.
Due to the nature of adding a turbocharger to a non-turbocharged engine, some BBR Stage 1 Turbo Kit users have experienced a mild oscillation of power when cruise control is active while driving up an incline. We have found the best way to deal with this is to keep your foot resting slightly on the accelerator pedal or to simply turn off the cruise control feature when driving uphill. There are also some reports of a slight RPM droop when returning to idle, though it's never enough to stall the engine or create any drivability issues.
See what The Smoking Tire has to say.
Ride along in one of our R&D cars during hot weather testing!