Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
Way better than I expected. Kit went together perfectly on my 94. I've had it on for about 5 months now. During this same time I also installed a set of 15X9 C3M wheels wrapped with 225X45 RS3 tires. The car sits a lot lower.... rides way better than before and handles fantastic...I also performed the performance alignment as suggested in the kit instructions. I autocross this car monthly since the install and my wife drives the car all over the place in-between the times we race it.... I couldn't be happier... only thing now is I need a new clutch and more power.
- Do it, drive the car, check the bolts, go drive it HARDER
So, I have about 300m miles on my new kit at this point. It was a pain in some respects to install and doing it on a driveway can be tough but not insurmountable. A few things:
1. Get a couple pieces of 2x6 as you'll need them once you get all 4 corners on the ground after placing the shocks - standard jacks WILL NOT fit under the car at baseline preload as suggested in instructions
2. Point the adjuster knobs away from the sway bar endlink mounts or you'll run into clearance issues putting the end link bolts in and tightening them
3. Even using the long bolt method, getting the struts to move can be hard, I ended up cutting the springs to get more slack - used the long bolt/angle grinder to the loaded spring combo for the happy meal of easy removal
4. If you car has never had the suspension taken apart or you live in salty places, PB Blaster and a breaker bar will likely be your friend
5. Find an alignment shop ahead of time that can deal with a lowered car - many have rack arms that are 8" tall and the ramps have very short approach angles and simply - I have to go 40m away to get aligned
6. The Racing beat end links are stiff and do not really line up that easily but you just need to deal with it - I heard the FM is solving that problem with their own design but it was not an option for me when I bought my kit
7. Drive it, check the bolts, go drive it HARDER
Simply, 5.5 stars, support from Eric and Kieth on the simple questions was excellent, as it a kit the price beats most everyone else's combination, fit and finish are excellent - do this and you will corner like a go-kart.
- Awesome setup, wroth every penny
I just installed this last weekend. I haven't gotten a chance to really push my car, my initial impressions are that my car rides better, and handles better at the same time. Once I get an alignment, I will hit some twisty roads to really see what this suspension can do.