Flyin' Miata custom spec turbo system for NB chassis
SOME OPTIONS IN STOCK
As much or as little turbo kit as you need. This is for the DIY builder. Now with standard Inconel studs!
Are you looking for time-tested FM hardware, but don't need a complete turbo system? You can specify your own kit here. It's great for people building on a budget.
Please note that, depending on the options you select, it may not be a complete kit and you will have to supply some extra parts to make it functional.
Naturally, everything is still top quality. The downpipe is CNC-bent stainless steel with a lifetime warranty. The optional hard lines should outlast the car. Our exclusive formed silicone turbo hoses give the best flow with no extra failure points and light weight.
The basic kit includes everything found in the FM II, minus the ECU, knock sensor, air temperature sensors, wideband, and the injectors. If you remove some of the below parts from the kit, they will not be included.
This kit comes with:
- turbo manifold with Inconel studs
- turbine outlet and stainless steel downpipe
This kit has the following options:
- genuine Garrett GT-series turbo (if selected)
- braided oil feed line for the turbo
- silicone water lines (if selected)
- high temperature rubber oil drain line (if selected)
- formed silicone intercooler hoses
- efficient front-mount intercooler (The FM logo on the intercooler can face forward (visible) or rearward (invisible).)
- K&N-style air filter
- silicone lower radiator hose
- Turbosmart bypass valve (if selected)
- Turbosmart blowoff valve (if selected)
- turbo heatshield (if selected)
- cold air box for intake (if selected)
- injectors (if selected)
- boost gauge (if selected)
- tools for drilling and tapping the oil pan (if selected)
- Turbosmart manual boost control (if selected)
- EGR pipe (if selected)
- timing wheel (if selected)
If you delete parts from this kit (such as the turbocharger), you will need to supply your own parts (such as a turbocharger).
A few notes:
- If you use your own turbo, you will need our wastegate bracket. The stock GT2554 and 2560 wastegate brackets are not compatible.
- Our turbos have machined compressor housings with a 2.5" compressor inlet. If your turbocharger does not, you will need a bolt-on adapter or your housing will have to be machined. The bolt-on option may cause fitment problems with our compressor inlet hose.
- Our turbos have machined compressor housings with a 2.0" compressor outlet. If your turbo has a three-bolt flange, you will need a bolt-on outlet adapter. This may cause fitment problems with our compressor outlet hose when used on a 2560.
- The oil line kit is intended to attach to a -4AN fitting on top of the turbo. If your turbocharger does not have this fitting, you will need one. We have these available for certain turbos.
- If you delete the intercooler, we will still supply the intercooler piping.
- the adjustable timing wheel is intended for use with the stock ECU using a piggyback fuel controller, like our Voodoo box. Installations using a standalone ECU can either use the stock timing wheel or our 36-2 for greater resolution.
Water supply note: if you are using an FM coolant reroute, choose the reroute option. The reroute is not compatible with the hard water lines.
- Note for automatic cars: the downpipe will need modification to clear the bellhousing on an NB automatic. You will also have to use one of our midpipes in this case.
- Match the EGR pipe to your engine. 1994-97 engines will need our custom pipe. 1999-00 and MSM engines can use the factory pipe. 2001-05 cars need a factory 1999-00. You can also delete the pipe, but you will need to plug the holes in the intake and exhaust manifolds with our EGR delete kit in that case.
Of course, we won't be able to give tech support on parts you're doing yourself. For example, you're on your own for engine management with this kit.
We have a series of videos on how to install the Stage 1 kit, which is very similar. Note, it's fairly in-depth so make sure you have your popcorn and comfy chair handy.
|Part number||22-1 NB CUSTOM SPEC|
|Designed for:||1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 (non-MSM), 2005 (non-MSM), 2004-05 MSM|
|California emissions||Not emissions legal in California|
|Proposition 65||Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm|
|Flyin' Miata exclusive||Yes|