Flyin' Miata custom spec turbo system for NA8 chassis
Out of stock
As much or as little turbo kit as you need. This is for the DIY builder. Now with Inconel studs!
Are you looking for time-tested FM hardware, but don't need a complete turbo system? Or maybe want to run a different engine management option than we use in our Stage 1 kits? You can specify your own kit here. It's great for people building on a budget.
Please note that, depending on the options you select, it may not be a complete kit and you will have to supply some extra parts to make it functional.
Naturally, everything is still top quality. The downpipe is CNC-bent stainless steel with a lifetime warranty. The optional hard lines should outlast the car. Our exclusive formed silicone turbo hoses give the best flow with no extra failure points and light weight. The turbo is clamped on with custom Inconel studs.
The basic kit includes everything found in the Stage 1, minus the Voodoo Box. If you remove some of the below parts from the kit, they will not be included.
This kit does not include engine management. We recommend a full ECU such as an ME 221 from Motorsport Electronics, a Nemesis EMS or a Megasquirt from DIY Autotune. You will need something. You cannot simply bolt it on and start burning rubber.
Emissions note: this kit will not be CARB legal unless it is updated to full Stage 1 specification. Depending on what you do for engine management, it may or may not be emissions legal in your area.
This kit comes with:
- turbo manifold with Inconel studs
- turbine outlet and stainless steel downpipe
This kit has the following options:
- genuine Garrett GT-series turbo
- braided oil feed line for the turbo
- silicone water lines
- high temperature rubber oil drain line
- formed silicone intercooler hoses
- efficient front-mount intercooler (The FM logo on the intercooler can face forward (visible) or rearward (invisible).)
- K&N-style air filter
- silicone lower radiator hose
- Turbosmart bypass valve
- Turbosmart blowoff valve
- turbo heatshield
- cold air box for intake
- boost gauge
- tools for drilling and tapping the oil pan
- 36-2 timing wheel (if selected)
If you delete parts from this kit (such as the turbocharger), you will need to supply your own parts (such as a turbocharger).
A few notes:
- If you use your own turbo, you will need our wastegate bracket. The stock GT2554 and 2560 wastegate brackets are not compatible.
- Our turbos have machined compressor housings with a 2.5" compressor inlet. If your turbocharger does not, you will need a bolt-on adapter or your housing will have to be machined. The bolt-on option may cause fitment problems with our compressor inlet hose.
- The downpipe may or may not fit with your automatic transmission. We've seen mixed results. We cannot guarantee fitment with an automatic.
- Our turbos have machined compressor housings with a 2.0" compressor outlet. If your turbo has a three-bolt flange, you will need a bolt-on outlet adapter. This may cause fitment problems with our compressor outlet hose when used on a 2560.
Water supply note: if you are using an FM coolant reroute, choose the reroute option. The reroute is not compatible with the hard water lines.
- The oil line kit is intended to attach to a -4AN fitting on top of the turbo. If your turbocharger does not have this fitting, you will need one. We have these available for certain turbos.
- If you delete the intercooler, we will still supply the intercooler piping.
Of course, we won't be able to give tech support on parts you're doing yourself. For example, you're on your own for engine management with this kit.
We have a series of videos on how to install the Stage 1 kit, which is very similar. Note, it's fairly in-depth so make sure you have your popcorn and comfy chair handy.